Get out and stay out, with gear that keeps you dry and never slows you down. This extremely pliable shell features Marmot’s MemBrain® Strata™ technology, for lightweight, breathable, waterproof performance—with enough stretch to satisfy the most flexible athletes and weekend warriors. Read the product review featured in The Climber magazine, Autumn 2012.
- Marmot MemBrain® 2.5 Waterproof/Breathable Fabric
- Micro-Stitched and 100% Seam Taped - for maximum waterproof protection
- Attached Hood - Provides an Extra Warmth Layer Under a Shell Hood or By Itself in Milder Conditions
- Water Resistant Front Zipper
- Chest Pocket with Water-Resistant Zipper
- Hand Pockets with Concealed Zippers
- Stretch Anatomic Articulation - Stretch Fabric and Design Feature Reduces Excess Fabric and Improves Mobility
- Collar Cord - Allows You to Cinch in Collar When Weather is Bad
- Asymmetric Cuffs with Velcro Adjustment
- Reflective Logos
- Elastic Draw Cord Hem - For Adjustability in Serious Weather
- Angel-Wing Movement™ - Allows Full Range of Motion in Arms so Jacket Doesn't Ride Up
- Centre Back Length: 29in / 73.7cm
- Weight: 11.8 oz / 334.5 g
- Main Material: MemBrain®Strata™ 100% Nylon Stretch 1.6 oz/yd
Marmot’s own lightweight waterproof / breathable technology. A lamination technology that rates a whopping 20,000mm in waterproof performance and 20,000 gr in breathability.
Requiring neither lining nor 3-layer construction like many similar lamination processes, MemBrain® Strata™ products are by far the lightest, most breathable garments in their categories.
Marmot’s proprietary 2.5 layer MemBrain® Strata uses micro non-organic particles on the inside of the lamination to increase durability and provide a dry touch instead of that clammy feeling you get from some other products.
The back print pattern is carefully designed to achieve the maximum durability and breathability. Abrasion tests rate 4-5 times better than regular MemBrain® (which is why regular MemBrain, as well as all 2-layer laminates require a separate lining).
Compared to 2.5 layer coatings in the market, our 2.5 layer lamination is about 100% more breathable. In addition, laminated stretch fabrics stretch more and have a softer hand than 2.5 layer coated fabrics.
Video about Marmot's MemBrain Strata technology