Impervious to wind and very unfriendly to water, the Kingpin Jacket derives its amazing properties from Polartec® Power Shield® fabric, which uses a perforated membrane to effectively manage air permeability and wind resistance, even during strenuous activity. Packed with pro features, it’s also highly abrasion resistant, to deliver years of flawless performance.
- Polartec® Powershield®
- Marmot M2 softshell - water-repellent, highly breathable, wind-resistant, durable and warm
- Attached hood with laminated brim and peripheral cord
- Water-resistant cf zipper
- Napoleon chest pockets with water resistant zips
- Core venting pack pockets with water resistant zippers
- Sleeve pocket with water-resistant zipper
- Asymmetric cuffs with velcro adjustment
- Elastic draw cord hem for adjustability in serious weather
- Angel-Wing Movement™ allows full range of motion in arms so jacket doesn't ride up
- Centre Back Length: 73.7cm
- Weight: 609.5g
- Main Material: Polartec®Power Shield® 88% Nylon, 12% Elastane 6.1 oz/yd
- Main Material: Softshell WPB 100% Nylon Plain Weave 7.7 oz/yd
Marmot M2 Softshell
Marmot M-series fabrics are designed for moving light and fast. They combine stretchable, water repellent, abrasion resistant and highly breathable shell materials with insulating buffer materials on the inside.
M2 shells are the ideal balance between weather resistance, breathability and thermal protection. They are appropriate for a wide range of aerobic use in moderate to cold conditions.
Powershield® technology utilises a perforated membrane that can control the amount of wind resistance and air permeability. The key to Power Shield® fabric is that the perforated membrane allows a wider range of comfort in aerobic and sweaty conditions. Power Shield O2® is more air permeable, making it ideal in the backcountry, (Fall 2010 only).
Marmot Athlete Adrian Ballinger, owner/operator of Alpenglow Expeditions, reviews the Marmot Kingpin Jacket from Aconcagua during a guided expedition.