The Never winter is an ideal summer bag for camping and river trips, but it also has enough down insulation to keep you warm when frost is in the air.
- Certified 600+ Fill Power Goose Down
- EN Tested
- Heat Bump Draft Tube
- Nautilus 6-Baffle Hood - 6 Chambers of Down Around Head for Better Down Control and Fit, Hood Cord is Positioned for Easy Access
- Heater Pocket in Foot Box - For Heat Packets
- Classic Trapezoidal Foot Box - For More Foot Room
- Available in Long Size
- "Feely" Draw Cords - Ease Nighttime Cord Fumbling
- Ground-Level Side Seams - Eliminates Drafts
- Hood Draw Cord - Positioned for Easy Access
- Locking Zippers - Keep the Bag from Opening Up in the Middle of the Night
- Stash Pocket - For Nighttime Essentials Such as a Watch or Energy Bar
- Stretch Tricot Baffles - Provide Ultimate Strength, Durability and Bag Life
- Stuff and Storage Sack Included - Store and Pack Just Like Your Sleeping Bag
- Two Hang Loops - On the Outside of Foot Box for Airing Out Your Bag
- Two Way Zipper Sliders - For Venting and Mating of Bags. Reversible Slider Tabs for Easy Use Inside or Outside of Bag
- Velcro®-free Face Muff - Keeps the Drawcord and Zipper Away from Your face
- Zipper Guards - Help Repel Biting Zipper Coils
- Size:Regular: 6'0"/LFT, Regular: 6'0"/RHT
- Weight: 1106 g
- Fill Weight: 340 g
- Size on Hip: 147cm
- Size on Foot: 101.6cm
- Temperature Rating: 30F / -1.1C
- Main Material: 100% Nylon Ripstop AC 1.3 oz/yd
- Main Material: 100% Nylon WR 1.4 oz/yd
- Lining Material: 100% Polyester Dobby WR 2.2 oz/yd
- Insulation Material: 600+ Fill Power Goose Down
SPECS FOR LONG SIZE
- Size:Long 6’.6"/LFT, Long: 6’.6"/RHT
- Weight: 1191 g
- Fill weight: 397 g
- PRICE: $499.00
- Comfort: 5.2C
- Lower Limit: 0.2C
- Extreme: -15.3C
600 Fill Down
Certified 600 Fill Goose Down bags are constructed with the following features:
- Nautilus Hood: the same construction as our 8000m jacket hood, a 3D hood that wraps around your head and reduces heat loss.
- Hood Muff: creates warm down gasket around your face, keeping the drawcord away from the face.
- Stretch Tricot Baffles: allow the bag to be stuffed and unstuffed without tearing the baffle material.
- Trapezoid Foot box: matches the shape of your feet, wider in the toe area and narrower in the heels.
- Down Fill Oversized Draft Tube: eliminates cold spots
- Zipper guard: keeps the draft tube fabric from getting caught in the zipper
- Ground Level Seams: top layer wraps fully around the body creating a warm layer of down.
Down is in our DNA. Marmot was founded in 1974 as a manufacturer and seller of premium quality down jackets, vests and sleeping bags. To this day we only use the finest quality certified goose down for our down insulated outdoor products. Mountaineers and outdoor enthusiasts worldwide rely on Marmot down gear for warmth, comfort, and sometimes survival.
Down quality is determined by fill power and durability which is dependent upon the age/maturity of the bird and the processing of the down. The best down comes from larger, more mature birds and goose down is better than duck down (when age/maturity are equal). More mature goose down has larger filament clusters than less mature goose down. These clusters, when grouped, provide many more trapped air pockets and therefore provide better insulation. To maximize the effectiveness of the down clusters, the proper processing of the down (sorting, washing & drying) is required to open them up.
Down is the light, fluffy undercoating at the base of the feathers of waterfowl. Down is a multi-dimensional structure that insulates by creating pockets of still air that retain body heat. Down is highly breathable and exceptionally comfortable. Pound for pound, high quality down is the most efficient natural insulator there is.