Marmot’s UpCycle® designation assures you that no planets were hurt in the making of these sporty action pants. Both water and sun resistant; the design is trail-ready and versatile enough to take you to the outback, or out to dinner!
- Blue sign approved fabric
- Soft, breathable, light weight performance woven fabric, Marmot Upcycle® product with recycled nylon
- Abrasion resistant nylon fabric
- Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) 30
- Durable Water-Resistant Finish (DWR)
- Inseam gusset panel for increased mobility
- Articulated knees to reduce excess fabric and improve mobility
- Roll-up cuff feature
- Front pockets with secure side pocket with zip closure
- Back pocket with zip closure
- Brushed tricot interior waistband for added comfort
- Inseam: 81.3cm
- Weight: 250 g
- Main Material: 93% Recycled Nylon 7% Elastane 3.4 oz/yd
Clothing can protect you from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. It all depends on the fibre content, weave, weight of fabric and colour. So what’s the difference between UPF and SPF?
SPF stands for the Sun Protection Factor, most commonly associated with sunscreen. This measures the amount of time it takes for skin to burn.
UPF on the other hand stands for Ultraviolet Protection Factor, which is a measure of the amount of UV radiation that penetrates a fabric and reaches your skin. For example, a fabric rated with a UPF of 30 will allow only 1/30th of the sun’s UV rays to pass through. So the fabric would greatly reduce your exposure to UV rays, (where it covers your body)!
Dark colours and tight weaves will have higher UPF ratings. As well, nylons and polyesters are better than plain cotton because they reflect radiation.
Marmot UpCycle® products minimize our impact on the environment by using natural, organic, and recycled or discarded materials that would otherwise end up in landfills.
Our UpCycle® fabric is made from recycled plastic...hence the name “UpCycle”. When you recycle plastic, you get more plastic; when we UpCycle® plastic, we get fabric, a greater value and a broader use.
Liz Oakes Smart, Professional Mountain Guide and Marmot Athlete, reviews the Marmot Women's Lobos Pant.