A great all-around shell for shoulder season trekking, the Strato also makes perfect everyday rainwear. This full-featured jacket features comfy DriClime® lining in the collar, chin guard and cuffs. Constructed from breathable and waterproof MemBrain® Strata™ fabric, it’s finished with water resistant zippers and adjustable closures, and comes in a variety of vibrant colours.
- Marmot MemBrain® Strata™ waterproof / breathable fabric
- 100% seam taped for full waterproofness
- Attached adjustable hood that rolls into collar to give you the option to tuck-away when not needed
- PitZips™ that extends into the body for aggressive venting
- Handwarmer pockets with water resistant zipper
- Sleeve pocket with water-resistant zipper
- DriClime® lined cuffs with adjustable Velcro® tabs
- DriClime® lined collar and chin guard - moisture wicking fabric for comfort around your neck and face
- Elastic draw cord hem for adjustability in serious weather
- Angel-Wing Movement™ allows full range of motion in arms so jacket doesn't ride up
- Centre Back Length: 69.9cm
- Weight: 362.9 g
- Main Material: MemBrain®Strata™ 100% Nylon Ripstop 3.0 oz/yd
Marmot’s own lightweight waterproof / breathable technology. A lamination technology that rates a whopping 20,000mm in waterproof performance and 20,000 gr in breathability.
Requiring neither lining nor 3-layer construction like many similar lamination processes, MemBrain® Strata™ products are by far the lightest, most breathable garments in their categories.
Marmot’s proprietary 2.5 layer MemBrain® Strata uses micro non-organic particles on the inside of the lamination to increase durability and provide a dry touch instead of that clammy feeling you get from some other products.
The back print pattern is carefully designed to achieve the maximum durability and breathability. Abrasion tests rate 4-5 times better than regular MemBrain® (which is why regular MemBrain, as well as all 2-layer laminates require a separate lining).
Compared to 2.5 layer coatings in the market, our 2.5 layer lamination is about 100% more breathable. In addition, laminated stretch fabrics stretch more and have a softer hand than 2.5 layer coated fabrics.
DriClime® Moisture Management Technology is a family of uniquely plaited bi-component knit fabrics engineered to mechanically draw moisture away from your skin to keep you dry, warm and comfortable.
The key to DriClime is 3-Dimensional Wicking. As moisture moves from the inner fabric touching your skin to the outer fabric, it spreads out across the outer fabric to speed the drying process. DriClime never stops working; it continually passes moisture through to the outer surface for fast evaporation. It is not a finish that washes or wears out; it works forever.
DriClime technology is available in a wide range of products: shelled microclimate layers, base layer, gloves, sleeping bags and backpacks.
Curly’s Clips – Caring for Marmot Waterproof Shells
Marmot's own Curly Cervone and Brian Rashap show you how to take care of your waterproof/breathable shell.